I’ve made a really hard decision of leaving Microsoft. Working at Microsoft has been an incredible experience and I have only great things to say. Here is a copy of the farewell email I sent out to my friends & peers at Microsoft –
Short version – I’m leaving Microsoft and will miss working with you, long version keep reading 🙂
Working at Microsoft was the most fun I’ve had till date at any company and I have to say that each day here has brought interesting challenges and learnings of all sorts. I count myself lucky and privileged to have worked and contributed to the Windows Azure team which without a doubt is the shining north star of the company. There is a lot that we have accomplished and a lot that I’m super excited looking into the future of Windows Azure – You can bet that I will be cheering for all the accomplishments of the team from the sidelines.
The best part of it all has been getting to know and work with a lot of amazingly smart people. But it is time for me to step out and try something new that scares the day lights of me
Few interesting things I learned at Microsoft –
· Never ask anyone how long they have worked for Microsoft unless you want to face plant – (especially if you haven’t crossed 10 years of service)
· If you don’t have a Windows Phone, prepare yourself for a pep talk every elevator ride.
· Never underestimate the influencing power you get from 1:1 lunch meetings.
· You can learn a lot about a person by quickly scanning their Office space.
· Before you get a patent, you will invent dozens of acronyms.
· You can quickly tell the difference between a dev. and a PM by looking at their calendar, unless the ninja PowerPoint skills don’t give it away first.
· Admin’s are your best friend. (Hi Robyn J)